The Russians promised wage increase was not pleased by the overall economic background

The following year, the Russians promise to increase wages. At least to the level of an inflation target of 4%, but rather more. In addition, by the beginning of 2018 should be reduced the arrears in the payment of salaries from 3.5 billion to 2 billion this was announced at a meeting of the Government of the Russian Federation and before the Ministers of Maxim Oreshkin, the Ministry of economic development Maxim Topilin from the Ministry of labor. The President and the Russian Government even issued special decrees for this reason, the execution of which the authorities urgently proceed. Independent experts from their side, pay attention to the fact that even against the backdrop of rising wages, real incomes continue to fall.

photo: Gennady Cherkasov

From next year, workers need to notice a number of positive changes in terms of remuneration. The Chairman of the government Dmitry Medvedev ordered to raise salaries to state employees since January of 2018. However, the measure will not affect everyone, but only employees of state agencies, employees of budgetary institutions, military. A government decree was issued on 2 December 2017, since Maxim Topilin regularly communicates with the regional authorities decree that it is time to start to fulfill. Even earlier, in late November, the Cabinet has allocated 200 million virtually any, and 3.6 million roubles for increase of salaries to employees of institutions of culture and education and science. By the way, Topilin has warned that the salary for each category of citizens will be monitored monthly by Rosstat on the basis of the forecast of economic development on the average monthly income from employment in which growth is set at 4%. The labour Minister also called on-track regions to resolve the issue with the unpaid wages, as the number of citizens ‘ complaints of violations, according to the current, not yet reduced.

For by unscrupulous employers took Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev. At the last meeting of the government he ordered to deal with each case of delay and cited the data of Rosstat on the conservation of the debt to 51 thousand employees. As it turned out, the head of the Cabinet considers poverty “one of the most glaring problems” of the Russian economy. However, he announced the beginning of a growth in real incomes, noting that real accrued wages at year-end increased by 3% in nominal terms by 7%. “We went into a situation where revenues are not falling, but rising”, — said the head of government.

Independent experts are not arguing with the fact that real wages rose in 2017. Monthly monitoring of the economic situation of the Ranepa and the Gaidar Institute’s figures coincide with the government’s: plus 3% on salaries and 3.9% on pensions. Only here the disposable income of the population as falling, and falling: the study says a reduction of 1.3% in comparison with last year. The authors explain this paradox by the fact that “white” salaries and pensions amount to no more than 60% of all cash income and the remaining 40% (“gray” payments, income from entrepreneurship, property and other) are falling.

The issue of state employees who “rolled happiness” in the form of higher salaries as directed by the government, in monitoring States the following: “Salary stagnation is further acknowledged experts analysing dynamics of remuneration of teachers. According to the may decrees of the President, the process of raising the average wage is in 2012, and she had to reach the level of the average wage in each particular region. However, this has not happened yet”.

“Structure of the index of the real income shows growth of some components (wages and pensions) with a marked reduction in other income from business, even large enterprises went down by 9% on average, explains in an interview with “MK” head of Finance and economy of the Institute of contemporary development Nikita Maslennikov. — The year we finish in the red for income will lag behind pre-crisis 2013 10-11%. Real income is a mirror reflecting the problems of the business sector of the economy. This bottleneck in economic policy that must be addressed because of the change in income taken by the government measures on indexation of salaries and pensions is not enough.”

official channels

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 − five =